MySQL Installation Using Redhat Package Manager (RPM) on Linux
- MySQL installation packages
- Log onto the linux server using root.
- Browse to the directory where the MySQL installation package is available.
- Run the following Commands.
- rpm –Uvh MySQL package .rpm
( U= Install/Updating a package v=Verbose h=shows progress)
This Command installs the Rpm package on the linux machine.
You can use the following rpm commands to check the package details and location.
- Display version of a package that is installed rpm –q package
- Display info about package that owns a file (must specify absolute pathname of file) rpm –qf /sbin/fdisk
- Display info about all installed packages rpm –qa
- Display info about package in a rpm file rpm –qip package-x.x-x.rpm
- Displays info about an installed package rpm –qi package
- Display all the files installed by a package rpm –ql package
- Display config. files installed by a package rpm –qc package
- Display documentation installed by a package rpm –qd package
- Displays the state of the files installed by a package (normal, not installed or replaced) rpm –qs package
At the shell prompt use the following command.
- rpm –e MySQL package